Wednesday, May 27, 2015

hello. so tonight i was frustrated because this summer semester feels like quite the joke. it feels rather superfluous to the overall progression of my life and i feel more than, so much more than, ready to be done with this whole college phase of my life. i graduated high school almost a decade ago and since then i have been in the "college student" phase of life, with greater and lesser degrees of intensity.

i walked and received a diploma a few weeks ago. my school does it once a year so even if you have a few more classes to finish you walk with everybody else in the spring. it really cemented in my brain that i'm done. and i knooow i'm in the final home stretch, but it's really getting in the way of living how i really want to live and being able to fully devote myself to meaningful long term projects. it's unarguably annoying and just my reality. but.

but jared stopped me in the midst of my wallowing and frustration this evening and hilariously pointed out that he finally understands that cheesy quote. "that life is not about something-something-something, it's about dancing in the rain." i clarified, "the quote goes, 'life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'".

something clicked while we were talking and it really cemented for me that i need to appreciate my life, each moment i am living it. i know nothing about this is groundbreaking. but that's okay, i'm not expecting this old blog to go viral (: in fact, i always hope people will just stop reading this since i enjoy using this space to journal the occasional words i need to set down here, and i enjoy writing without censoring myself.

anyways. i'm just putting it out there with words, since words always make things much more official, that i'm feeling more positive in my life. and it's good. i'm feeling like life is good, it's really good. even the parts that suck, still suck, but that doesn't mean i have a sucky life. i have a good life. and i'm working on balanced perspective. today is here, so i'm going to enjoy it the best i can, and remember that when today just plain sucks, there's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brissa Christensen said...

Walking before you're "officially" done is the worst. I had an internship to complete after I walked and I just wanted to be DONE. But you're so close! And learning to appreciate (and accept) life as it's happening even with sucky lame classes will hopefully make it go by faster!

I wish I could say the "oh no! I have a final for a class I never went to" nightmares stopped after you get your diploma. They won't stop. Ever. :/

AVY said...

I always enjoy the dream of a better future. I guess that counts for something.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com